Friday, March 2, 2007

snow, sleet and freezing rain...

...that pretty much describes the day here in NH. Tonite is the opening reception for the NH Potter's Guild Biennial Exhibition, "Message of Mud". The exhibition is at the Sharon Arts Center Gallery in Peterborough, NH. Not sure it will happen since the weather is not good. 2 years ago I did not submit a piece for the show....I was not confident enough. This year I have a raku fired piece in the exhibition. I love raku firing....the colors are beautiful and the results are often surprising. I have done all my raku firing with my teacher and friend Jeff Brown at his studio in Northwood NH...just down the road aways from the studio that John Zentner and I share. Here are some pictures from raku firings in the last year...



















No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and appreciate comments. Lately I have had a lot of spam and therefore have had to turn on word verification as well as comment moderation for posts older than 14 days.