Sunday, August 25, 2013

renewed love...

I did something this morning that I had not done in years...

I went to work in my pajamas. 

When I first fell in love with clay, I threw pots in my jammies most everyday. Then I would shower, get dressed, and head out to my "real" job. I had to squeeze in every second of clay that I could. The great feeling about this morning is, I didn't head out to the studio because I am under pressure to get work done for the next show, although I should feel that way. I went because the clay was calling me. I was excited to get a board of mugs trimmed and slipped so that I could pull handles later this morning. I believe that taking a three week break from making pots renewed my excitement and love. 

Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

9 comments:

  1. Great to feel that way, and you have "Hello Kitty" to keep you company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to do the same thing when I was still working. My though was, why get dressed twice?
    Absence makes the heart grow fonder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to have that same excitement but for some reason it is just not there right now. I think it will come back but I sure am on an extended break mentally right now. when I was working in my kitchen, I would hit the clay as soon as I got up, not bothering to change clothes. You might say I was a bit possessed for awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that one. Sometimes it is just going in to check something and next thing I know, I'd be sitting down at my wheel decorating, throwing or trimming before breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. since I throw standing up I tend to get some clothes on. But... I will check and unload a kiln in my night time attire.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good God, woman! What's next?! Naked throwing??!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delighted to read of someone still with that spark of joy for clay glowing brightly! The tendency here is to work in the studio with as many clothes on as possible as winter hasn't quite departed from this part of the world, but I can confirm wearing a fairly eccentric collection of night attire when tending kilns through the night!

    ReplyDelete
  8. good to see the joy of making still calls

    ReplyDelete

I welcome and appreciate comments. Lately I have had a lot of spam and therefore have had to turn on word verification as well as comment moderation for posts older than 14 days.