Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Almost There...


We are down to the wire to head to NH for the League of NH Craftsmen's Fair. Yesterday we closed early and headed over to Lowe's for paint and replacement lights for our booth. We spent the evening painting the booth walls. We finished just as it was getting too dark to see. Luckily, by daylight the paint job wasn't too bad. Jeff always reminds me that booth set ups are like theatrical sets... they don't need to be perfect like the walls in your home. Not only is this show for juried members of the League of NH Craftsmen only, your booth is judged each year and that has an affect on your placement the next year. Each year awards are given to the best booth displays. It's all subjective and we take it with a grain of salt.


We ordered new business cards this week. Ours are duo cards, Jeff on one side, me on the other. Last year I had a wood fired oval on my side. I loved the pot but it really didn't translate well to a business card. It was dark and rather dull. This time I switched it up with a little more color. I am really happy with it.
Tomorrow we hit the road... the plan is to spend the night in Hazelton, PA and finish the trip on Thursday. Once we are on the road I can finally relax and enjoy the adventure.

5 comments:

  1. The card does look nice. I like to switch out the pottery pictures whenever I order news ones too. It just feels fresher. I can't wait to see your booth set up.

    I also really like the title for this post ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a safe trip and a light load on the way home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, safe travels, thought about you today, I'm in Myrtle Beach!

    ReplyDelete
  4. have a good trip, can't wait to see your booth, the green glaze really pops on the business card.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome and appreciate comments. Lately I have had a lot of spam and therefore have had to turn on word verification as well as comment moderation for posts older than 14 days.