Sunday, January 4, 2015

Oops!

When the last bunch mugs came out of the bisque kiln all I could say was, "Oh Sh$%t!". The slip trailed dots were supposed to be white and everyone of them was blue. I had even emptied my slip trail bottle and refilled it with the fresh batch of white that I had mixed the day before. The mistake came because I had also just slip trailed an order of blue dotted flower mugs and left that bottle next to the white. They were even LABELED and I still screwed up. In the end I decided I like the dark blue against the lighter blue underglaze.
Some mistakes do turn out ok.

7 comments:

  1. Yep, the blue on blue is very nice. Sometimes we just have to roll with it...eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just your luck ,people will love them and you will have to add shelf space for the new design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks good to me, for a minute I thought you forgot to give out candy canes. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha, ha, I always buy candy canes to put on the Christmas tree... I eat one or two, send one to Danielle in her Christmas box and then around Easter I end up throwing the rest away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A happy mistake, I'd say. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I call that a happy accident, it does look great.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome and appreciate comments. Lately I have had a lot of spam and therefore have had to turn on word verification as well as comment moderation for posts older than 14 days.