Monday, November 16, 2015

Progress...

The weather has finally been cooperating and things are moving along here at the pottery. The siding is all up and the last two windows are installed. Jeff got the rest of the insulation stapled in and has begun hanging the remaining two walls of the sheetrock. We are closed in and ready for winter.



 The guy that has taken care of our lawn and land clearing came with his tractor and started preparing our kiln site. Next, we build forms and pour the pad. Right now I feel like we are being pulled in ten different directions at once. We have too many deadlines to meet by the Thanksgiving holiday and some of them aren't going to happen. Sometimes you have to take a deep breath, keep moving forward, and do the best you can. Everything always falls into place in the end.


Did I mention that this week is the Celebration of Seagrove Potters? I managed to squeeze in a couple of hours to print our holiday ginkgo bags. The show kicks off Friday, November 20th with the gala evening (advance ticket purchase required) and then the potters market on Saturday and Sunday. I will be at the show while Jeff keeps our gallery at 505 E Main open. The show is less than a mile down the road from us at the historic Luck's Bean plant on NC Hwy 705, here in Seagrove NC.


If you can't get to the show, my Etsy shop is open 24-7. That's where you'll find these sweet little salt and pepper pigs.

9 comments:

  1. salt and pepper pigs , wow, how wonderful, take it easy when you can

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew! I would be getting ready for the Chatham County studio tour about now. Reading your post makes me glad I'm taking a break, but also missing the excitement of upcoming shows. Wishing you much success!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's that time of the year and agree not everything is going to make the deadlines. Maybe put your feet up while you're working on those bags :) Which are very nice by the way!! And how cute are those pigs?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the view of the hills beyond your tractor and WOW, your bags look GOOD :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the update. Good luck keeping all the balls in the air and have a great sale this weekend

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel your pain, I feel pulled in 10 directions also and I don't have nearly as much going on as you all do. I just take advice from author Annie Lamont and take it "Bird by Bird."

    ReplyDelete
  7. You must feel frazzled and excited by all that is happening!
    You and Jeff have managed to perfect being in two places at once with your sales venues!
    I'll be there virtually!

    ReplyDelete
  8. P.S. I'm in love with your bags! Festive but appropriate year round!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pigs and the ginkgo bags! I'm glad that you are "closed in and ready for winter" that has to be the most important thing! Hopefully some of the others things that need doing can be achieved from somewhere warm and dry!! :-). Hope the show and market go well for you.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome and appreciate comments. Lately I have had a lot of spam and therefore have had to turn on word verification as well as comment moderation for posts older than 14 days.