Friday, February 3, 2017

Sometimes it's the little things in life...

 Like bathroom outlets!!!!!! We had an electrician in today to do some much needed service work.

Our house was built in 1961 and the outlets were over the vanity mirrors, attached to the light fixtures... which were no longer functioning. Now we have GFI outlets in both bathrooms. We can use hairdryers, flat irons, and electric toothbrushes... in the bathroom, where they belong. You don't know how much you appreciate things, until you don't have them!

We also had a couple other things upgraded so that we can use a space heater in the studio and vacuum in the house without tripping the main breaker for the 110 service to the house.

Pots are drying in the studio and we can load the kiln to bisque fire this weekend. Glaze firing right after. I have travel plans mid-February. Updates to come!

3 comments:

  1. How we take for granted things like elec. outlets and breakers. My last house you had to wait between using the microwave and the toaster oven, because the refrigerator was also on the same circuit. Even with a surge protector, the breaker couldn't handle too much juice. I'm now in a 50-60s era apartment which has been completely renovated, and I thrill at toasting and nuking and making coffee at the same time every morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh. I know exactly what you mean. My house is a 1965 ranch. We are in the middle of a kitchen repair/remodel and it's blowing our minds the surprises that come up almost daily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy wow, those sgaffito bottle are fab!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome and appreciate comments. Lately I have had a lot of spam and therefore have had to turn on word verification as well as comment moderation for posts older than 14 days.