Sunday, May 28, 2017

Holiday

Jeff and I may not get a three day weekend to celebrate Memorial Day, but we still get in the spirit of the holiday. The last two days were spent prepping pots to fire a bisque in the gas kiln. Jeff finished the loading last night while I started the process of grilling pizza. 

I have dubbed this weekend, "Grill-a-Palooza."

Fresh mozzarella, fresh basil, pepperoni, vidalia onion... drizzled with balsamic vinegar glaze

We kicked off the weekend with bbq chicken, corn on the cob, and salad. We ate so late that I never thought about taking a photo. Chicken isn't that exciting to photograph anyway!

Jeff is going to be the cooking star tonight. He is making samgyeopsal, which is a Korean recipe for grilled pork belly. We will have lettuce leaves to wrap it in and the other sides have yet to be determined. I am sure jasmine rice will be involved. Sadly, we are all out of kimchi (GASP). 

Memorial Day has now become the kick-off of summer, but I still remember what this day is really about... honoring the men and women who lost their lives while serving this country. 


Peace to All




No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and appreciate comments. Lately I have had a lot of spam and therefore have had to turn on word verification as well as comment moderation for posts older than 14 days.