Saturday, May 2, 2009

april art journal...

this months theme was "secret garden"
i had an idea right away...an under the sea garden...mermaids (i love them) seashells etc...
all this i envisioned being executed in oil pastels...of which i have very little experience with.

my initial sketch was great...the final SUCKED. i abandoned the oil pastel idea and went back to the tried and true berol colored pencils. i am just not happy with the results. the mermaids proportions are not good. i skimped on the whole "garden, seashells, tropical plant" thing (pretty much left it out!!) because my brain was elsewhere and i will admit it...
I WAS BEING LAZY!

i still photographed my spread...perhaps as a reminder not to be a slacker again. feel free to comment...it's ok, i can take the criticism.








No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and appreciate comments. Lately I have had a lot of spam and therefore have had to turn on word verification as well as comment moderation for posts older than 14 days.