Tuesday, March 12, 2013

new pots and new pigs


A pig in sheep's clothing...

I am assembling piggy banks this week and trying to keep it interesting!

Here are a few photos from the firing.

This platter was my favorite. I made it months ago and finally got around to glazing it.




The pink on these pigs was the result of gloss green over Temple white. I never expected it to turn pink, I thought it might be a light green. The cross over on the mug below is the same combination. The one thing I learned from this is that I can now create pink pigs for those that have been asking!


A firing means new pots in the Etsy shop, be sure to check it out over the next few days.

6 comments:

  1. I like that Hairy Porker! I've gotten pinks like yours from copper greens too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The platter is spectacular and wondering how you achieved the texture on the pig which is super.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm, just totally love your flowers and plants on things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your piggy banks are really fun.
    I'm always telling students that it's really hard to predict what is going to happen when you mix/layer glazes. It's great when it works out like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meesh- they look great! (pig in sheeps clothing~ love it!!!)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome and appreciate comments. Lately I have had a lot of spam and therefore have had to turn on word verification as well as comment moderation for posts older than 14 days.