Tuesday, May 7, 2013

gifts from S. Korea

Jeff had a stamp made for me in Seoul... it's the sweetest thing! He drew out the "M" and they made it while he waited. He had them make it deep enough so that it would work in clay as well as the ink. The stamp is attached to the key ring and the lid is magnetic. Now I can spend the next few days marking everything in sight with my "M". Like a cat marking it's territory.

 and yes, he did bring me back a paint brush from one of the shops on Insadong St. in Seoul. He also had a fatter one but he lost it in transit. The bamboo handle on this brush is beautiful.

Look who was the poster boy for the 2013 Mungyeong Chasabal Festival!

We stayed up until 3:00 am looking at all the treasures that he brought back. There are some nice pots, but this was the year of tools; paddles, stamps, trim tools. 

I am so happy to have Jeff back home, even if he spends the next couple of days sleeping off the jet lag!


8 comments:

  1. A+ for gift giving! I love that stamp, such a thoughtful gift!!,

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stamp and it's presentation is beautiful, stamp away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and thoughtful gifts. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, now there's another M that people will be looking at (like M&M's or 3M) Tee hee, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhhhhh! What a great post! Embrace afternoon coffee and a minute on the porch :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The stamp is super; I love that it's so portable....and that brush! From one brush junkie (Linda Arbuckle's description)....YUM!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome and appreciate comments. Lately I have had a lot of spam and therefore have had to turn on word verification as well as comment moderation for posts older than 14 days.