Thursday, December 18, 2014

Wrapping Up

Yesterday was the "big" pack and ship day. We unloaded the kiln on Tuesday night and most of it was orders or Christmas gifts. This year I had a lot of personalized piggy bank orders. I had my fingers and toes crossed that they all came out perfect. I breathed a big sigh of relief when they emerged.
Then it was the tedious part of putting orders together. Many of the "name" pigs were orders of two or more. I wanted to be sure I put the right siblings in boxes together! After packing one pig, I couldn't remember if I had put a cork in it's snout. I hadn't sealed the box yet, but didn't want to un-bubble wrap it, so I dropped a cork into the box just in case! If there was one in there already, they will have a spare.



Jeff and I did a few larger piggy banks this season. The white one didn't last too long in the Etsy shop but I do still have this big blue piggy bank (below), along with the regular size aqua/shino one (above).


Noon tomorrow (eastern time) is the deadline to order from my Etsy shop. At this point I will ship everything priority mail. The post office says you will get it in time for Christmas, but like most government agencies... there is no guarantee! 



7 comments:

  1. the larger ones are nice, maybe you should do a pig family with lots of little ones that aren't banks but just babies. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have made mini piggy banks in the past. They are such a pain to make, but like the big pigs, they always sell.

      Delete
  2. I just looked in your etsy store, that peach blossom glaze is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The peach blossom has some nice variations. It looks good on porcelain too.

      Delete
  3. Hopefully this will slow down a little so you can take a few days off next week. Hope you and yours have a very merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dennis. Today is it for shipping, tonight we will put up a tree. Merry Christmas to your family as well.

      Delete
  4. Once those last boxes go out you feel pretty dang awesome :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome and appreciate comments. Lately I have had a lot of spam and therefore have had to turn on word verification as well as comment moderation for posts older than 14 days.