Wednesday, October 28, 2015

The Adventure Continues


I have travelled another year around the sun, and what a year it has been! Lots of excitement, plenty of stress, but I have survived and looking forward to this next trip. I had planned to get a lot done yesterday. The birthday girl was not getting a day off. But alas, the electrician came to wire our new studio gallery space and it seemed everything I had planned to do would put me in his way. I finally decided to settle on the sofa for awhile and catch up on some reading. It was a rainy day and I enjoyed it immensely! Once the electrician was gone I decided to head to the grocery store. As I was leaving, Jeff handed me 50 bucks and said, "Get yourself a birthday cake, on me". I laughed and quickly pocketed the cash. I not only came home with the cake, but a bottle of champagne that I had to buy... because it had my name on it. Well, not quite my name, but a Sharpie marker quickly corrected that.
Today I was back to work. Even though our space is not finished, we have got to make pots. It's what makes us complete and we have a show coming up next month. We cleared a space amidst the construction and set up our wheels. Today we made the first pots at 505 E Main.
I felt like I was in heaven.

9 comments:

  1. 505 E Main sounds like a famous place, good for you both

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed & thought of you today, when I saw the champagne in the grocery store. So glad things are going well in your new space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First pots in the new space! Happy birthday, girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very happy birthday wishes to you! I remember the first day I sat in my studio and made new work, such a great and exciting feeling! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Making pot in the studio. Now you are truly moved in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like a very nice birthday indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A birthday followed by a studio christening ... Congrats on both!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome and appreciate comments. Lately I have had a lot of spam and therefore have had to turn on word verification as well as comment moderation for posts older than 14 days.