Saturday, June 11, 2016

The Art of Slurping


We ate quite a bit of ramen last week. It was a popular lunch choice and we even ate it for breakfast. We're not talking the cheap grocery store noodles that college kids live on, our guests picked these out at the Korean market. Eating noodles with chop sticks and a spoon is definitely an art or skill. One that I have not mastered! The easiest way for me to get them in my mouth is to shovel them in bite off the dangling noodles. Not too polite in Asian cultures. Noodles are for slurping. Get them to your mouth and suck them in! It's quite a noisy meal with five people all slurping at the same time. Of course this is messy business too. While you are slurping them up they splash broth all over your face. At least that's what happens to me. I felt like I took a ramen bath when finished. Perhaps I will be a better slurper with a little more practice.


2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! I wish we could get good ramen here. I like to use it instead of rice for variety!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome and appreciate comments. Lately I have had a lot of spam and therefore have had to turn on word verification as well as comment moderation for posts older than 14 days.