Thursday, January 19, 2017

Don't let your head swell...

This was blogger awards week. No one told me, and I didn't even buy a dress to wear to either party. Heck, I didn't even have time to wash my apron.

The first award bestowed to me was from Feedspot's Top 50 Pottery Blogs, where I ranked #16. A few days later, Pottery Making Info announced their list of Top Pottery Blogs of 2016, this year I moved up in the ranks from #11 to #9.

Award Acceptance Speech:
I would like to thank all my readers for hanging in with me through the exciting times, as well as the mundane and often boring times. Thank you to Feedspot and Pottery Making Info, for spreading the good word of pottery bloggers everywhere. Most of all I would like to thank Jeff Brown for all of his support and creative encouragement. You push me to the next level in creativity, and encourage me to continue with all this blogging stuff. 


and now it's back to work...
Jeff and I are planning to do a raku firing in the spring. In between making work for orders, we will be making things for raku. This week I worked on a tile with ginkgo leaves. I finished carving yesterday. It will get cleaned up once it's dry. Carving on this groggy clay is a little challenging. The carving tool doesn't flow easily through the clay. Next on the "making" list is orbs. We should have our new raku work available for the Celebration of Spring Studio Tour - April 22nd & 23rd.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I always enjoy visiting here. I encouraged a customer in Charlotte to come to the Spring Celebration today.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome and appreciate comments. Lately I have had a lot of spam and therefore have had to turn on word verification as well as comment moderation for posts older than 14 days.