Saturday, January 14, 2017

Wood Fired Mugs

 The week before Christmas, Jeff helped David Stuempfle fire his anagama wood kiln. We were both able to get a few pots into the kiln. It was a five day firing with the unloading on New Year's Eve day. It seemed it was days before I had the opportunity to spend some time with them.
 These are a throwback to my "button" cups that I was making 6+ plus years ago. They lend themselves much better to this wood kiln than the ginkgo leave carving.
 They are made with Laguna B-mix. If it was B--mix for wood, they wood be a little darker in color.
Overall, I am quite happy with the results. Clicking on the photo above will take you to my Etsy shop, where I will be listing a couple of these over the next few days.

2 comments:

I welcome and appreciate comments. Lately I have had a lot of spam and therefore have had to turn on word verification as well as comment moderation for posts older than 14 days.