Saturday, May 20, 2017

Kiln Fillers

I am not a thrilled about making sponge holders. They seem too much like work to me. But we sure sell a lot of them, even after raising the price to $20. They also can be placed any where in the kiln and take up could be empty space. I even put some of them on the bag wall... especially the ones with shino glaze. 


To move things along more quickly, I have a bin of pugged clay that was dropped through a harp to measure each lug to 3/4 of a pound. No weighing or wasting time. Just sit at the wheel and throw those little guys.



3 comments:

  1. Sometimes the kiln fillers are lots of fun to make. Your method is smart and a great time saver.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! I really should be more organised and make sure I have something for all the spaces in my kiln too. One potter I know makes little $5 cats for that purpose, and sells and sells and sells and sells.....

    ReplyDelete

I welcome and appreciate comments. Lately I have had a lot of spam and therefore have had to turn on word verification as well as comment moderation for posts older than 14 days.