Friday, June 2, 2017

Just Work.


Jeff spent a lot of hours working on this thrown and altered vase. He paddled it into a hexagonal shape, then rolled foot. In this photo he is adding his signature texture.


When he was ready to put the handles on he asked my opinion... two or six? I said SIX! Isn't it a beauty?

The next morning we woke up to this...


Can you see that crack? Into the slop bucket this beauty will go. Cracks are one of the hazards of pushing your work to the edge. Luckily it doesn't happen often and Jeff doesn't let it stop him from creating more.
If it were my piece, I might have cried. Heck, I almost cried and it wasn't mine.

The moral of the story is:

 Shit happens and never give up the strive for excellence.

1 comment:

I welcome and appreciate comments. Lately I have had a lot of spam and therefore have had to turn on word verification as well as comment moderation for posts older than 14 days.