Friday, September 18, 2009

silly art journal for august


the theme for the august art journal was "alterations"... when i think of alterations i think back to my childhood when my seamstress mother did alterations for people from home. i remember being around 3 years old and women would come to the house and my mother would mark their skirt hems or sleeves then she would say:
"i will give you a ring when your alterations are done."
i always wondered...
"where does she get those rings??" and "will i ever get one??"






i have no clue how that story connects to my decision to "alter" barbie. the photos are not clear, i hurriedly took them before mailing the journal to maine (it was REALLY late!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and appreciate comments. Lately I have had a lot of spam and therefore have had to turn on word verification as well as comment moderation for posts older than 14 days.