Tuesday, April 27, 2010

pizza night!

yesterday i had to report for jury duty bright and early in the morning.  there was only one case being heard this week and it was going to be a long one that was predicted to last two weeks!  i was relieved not to be chosen for this jury.  as i mentioned a few days ago, jeff and i have decided we are moving to seagrove, nc and i really need to start organizing and packing.  we will be leaving new hampshire at the end of may!
...and you are probably wondering what this has to do with pizza... since i was home early and jeff was heading to salmon falls pottery in dover to throw production pots, i said that i would cook.  i gave jeff two choices... emeril's recipe for mac & cheese OR pizza.  he said he would get back to me when decidided.  he couldn't think about dinner right then because the oreos he ate for breakfast were not agreeing with him ;-).
later he called and said pizza was his choice... and how about making dough at home rather than buying it at the grocery store?  i thought it was great idea because i could get the dough going early and i would be home most of the day sorting and packing.
i decided to do an internet search for a good dough recipe and also posted on facebook hoping that SOMEONE, who makes lots of pizza would share their recipe (but SOMEONE wasn't willing to share their secret!)
i found two recipes online and sort of combined them into one... in turned out yummy and i had lots of fun making them.

on the left is bacon, sausage, pepperoni, onion & black olives and the right is broccoli, mushrooms, onions, artichokes, garlic, black olives and feta cheese.

we both agreed that the next dough we will try a little more yeast.  jeff thinks we should try adding a little molasses instead of sugar (i only added about a teaspoon of white sugar) i think molasses would be too weird in pizza... anyone have thought on that or tried it before?

5 comments:

  1. OH SOMEONE EH???????????????????????????????????
    Nice little Jeffy pot on the stove there, I love his pots. Your 2 pizzas there totally kick AZZ Meesh, they really do. I posted my recipe online once or twice, so I am really not as mean about as I seem. Well actually, I can be pretty mean about it some days. I am thrilled with the beauties you have there though :) Not tried molases, but honey or maple syrup are very good.
    As far as the move goes, good for you. We have found, for example, that Ithaca although not seemingly that far south of NH is a million times more mild and less snowy, no kidding! Friendlier too. NH was the emost unfriendly place I have ever lived, and we were there over ten years.
    You will no doubt LOVE NC :) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. -2 1/2 teas yeast
    -one tbs sugar into 3/4 c water
    -then add one tbs olive oil and stir
    -add about 1 1/2 cup flour and stir then knead on floured counter until NICE then into oiled bowl to rise covered about 1-2 hours
    -preheat oven to 400, turn out dough and then roll flat and bake 4-5 minutes
    -pull dough out and top with sauceand all the other stuff--I sometimes saute veggies because then they bake better than raw
    -bake about 10-12 minutes until looks done
    That is it for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i thought you had posted your pizza recipe before :-)
    your recipe confirms my thoughts on adding more yeast next time...my recipe had double the flour but only 2 1/2 tsp. yeast.. thank you for sharing your "secret"!
    i have lived in NH my entire life so i am excited about a new adventure... and i agree about it not being very friendly here.
    i love, love my jeffy cruet that is on the stove. i bought it from him when he was my pottery teacher. i use it for olive oil and it is such a pleasure to use.

    now about that triple chocolate cookie recipe...

    ReplyDelete
  4. triple chocolate is one recipe that I am going to truly hang onto---I trade those cookies for s3xual favors, and there is only one person whose favors I want ;) and I happen to be married to her! Does this mean you will be moving away from family????

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my.... not living near my beautiful daughter danielle is the hardest thing about this move.. :-(
    she is the most important person in my life
    everyone else in my family will adjust accordingly...
    one brother is in alaska so it won't make a difference to him where i live!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome and appreciate comments. Lately I have had a lot of spam and therefore have had to turn on word verification as well as comment moderation for posts older than 14 days.