Sunday, August 18, 2019

August in Seagrove, NC

Jeff and I have really enjoyed being home for the month of August. We do miss our family and friends, but we haven't missed the stress of packing and hauling a trailer to a show that is 800 miles away. I know there are a lot of people who make a living traveling to shows, but I just don't have it in me. I am thankful for opportunities this year that allowed us to stay home.


We have been enjoying our garden tremendously! While some things were not too successful... green beans and scarlet runner beans, we've had a great crop of okra, tomatoes, and basil. Jalapenos are starting to come in and there are lots of ghost peppers that are so hot no one can eat them! Poblanos will be ready for chile rellenos very soon. Once again there is butternut squash that grew from the compost. It looks like we will have more than last year. Jeff gets credit for growing the vegetables. He is diligent with organic pest control and keeping down the weeds. I just pick and eat! 

Pitcher by Dan Compte, bowl by John Baymore - both NH potters



I am still spending time with painting practice, but I have been side tracked with a new obsession...
Washi Tape! I bought it to tape down paintings while I work. It holds well but is easily removed. If you search Washi Tape ideas on Pinterest, you will find a plethora of fun things to do with it.


I made my school teacher sister a "back to school" set. The clothes pins are great for pinning papers to a "clothesline" or for holding bags closed. The pencils were wrapped in tape and then covered with a thin coat of matte medium. The binder clips speak for themselves. Jeff says if anything sits around too long I will wrap it in Washi Tape!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and appreciate comments. Lately I have had a lot of spam and therefore have had to turn on word verification as well as comment moderation for posts older than 14 days.