Saturday, November 28, 2020

The Holiday Season Begins

We usually host Jeff's family for Thanksgiving. We've had as few as eight and as many as seventeen.
This year, it was just the two of us. We felt it wasn't safe for a family gathering. Especially when you consider the ages of the majority.


Still made two pies. A pecan, with nuts from our own trees, and a pumpkin pie. 


Since it was just the two of us we opted for an evening meal, which meant we could have an appetizer lunch! Brie en croute and grilled figs from our trees. Jeff popped a bottle of champagne and we made mimosas.


We have a friend that lives alone so we packed up his turkey dinner and he picked it up curbside. While we enjoyed a quiet Thanksgiving for two, I know that isolating is harder for people who live alone. It hurt my heart that my father spent the day quarantined in his room at the nursing home. He has always gone to my sister's house and enjoyed the day with them. They have a covid outbreak at his facility which means he can't leave his room for anything. I hope he doesn't have to spend the whole winter that way.

Orders have been steadily coming in. I had to cut off Christmas orders on November 16th. New orders will ship mid-January. I am hoping to make something other than pigs after that!


I hope everyone who celebrates, enjoyed their Thanksgiving day.








 

2 comments:

  1. We had a table for 2 this year as well. I used it as a chance to learn to make pumpkin pie, on the reasoning that if I screwed up, nobody would be disappointed except me, since Doug doesn't care for sweets! I tried, and it tasted great! But it was one ugly looking pie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those appetizers look yummy! And the pies too. Happy the orders keep rolling in for you.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome and appreciate comments. Lately I have had a lot of spam and therefore have had to turn on word verification as well as comment moderation for posts older than 14 days.