Thursday, March 12, 2009

getting out of the studio

this was certainly a week of inspiration...beginning with the Under the Influence reception last friday... and then yesterday jeff brown and i went to the Currier Museum in Manchester, NH and saw the current exhibition, Function and Sculpture: Building a Ceramics Collection and from there traveled south to Concord, MA to catch the Don Reitz exhibition at the Lacoste Gallery before it ended. I found his geode bowls fascinating and you can have a look at them on the gallery's website. Upon returning to NH I took jeff up on his offer of an impromptu water color lesson...I have been thinking about experimenting with watercolor in the art journal project. we ended up painting until 1:30am! it was great fun and left me with lots of ideas running through my head.
...and
i did get my hands in some clay on tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and appreciate comments. Lately I have had a lot of spam and therefore have had to turn on word verification as well as comment moderation for posts older than 14 days.