Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Spring, Sprang, Sprung



I stepped out the door this morning and was surprised at the warm spring air. The house was chilly and I had turned up the heat, not realizing I probably could have opened a window instead.


This is my favorite time of year in North Carolina. Everything is blooming. Most of the daffodils have gone by but the petite white ones are always a little later. 

 The mahonia is looking pretty cool right now. I had never seen this plant until I moved here.


I unloaded the bisque kiln yesterday and started prepping for today's glaze marathon.
Tomorrow is firing day.


Our schedule is a little off (like that's anything new). We had an unexpected change in plans for the upcoming weeks, but I will leave that to another post.

4 comments:

  1. love the iris and the black dots, mahonia, thanks for mentioning it, that's something I can get to grow here; now I'm wondering what's in store for the next post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy crap, so pretty! weather guy said there might be snow around Ithaca this week.... sigh :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the mahonia is actually an invasive species, but it sure is beautiful.

    I really like the flower/dots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you & Jeff have a great Spring Kiln opening! It's good to be flexible :o)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome and appreciate comments. Lately I have had a lot of spam and therefore have had to turn on word verification as well as comment moderation for posts older than 14 days.