Monday, October 10, 2016

Taking A Second Look


I wasn't thrilled with a few bowls from the last firing. I would have preferred a lighter spray with the ash glaze. Jeff kept saying they were fine and beautiful. I decided to take some photographs and after looking at them in a different light, they began to grow on me.


Since we weren't going to the CCM show in Charlotte, I sanded and priced them and put them out in the gallery.


Believe it or not, we were fairly busy on Saturday, despite the steady rain from hurricane Matthew. I sold a few of these bowls over the weekend! 
Sometimes we are our own worst critic.

3 comments:

  1. they are beautiful to me, I know what you mean about being our own worst enemy, sometimes the piece I like the least is the one that sells first. Ha. wish we'd get some rain, we are in an extreme drought here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, talk to me... I won't know your out there if you don't!