Thursday, July 27, 2017

Home Grown


We have tomatoes this year!
I wanted to try growing something different. These are heirloom yellow pear tomatoes. They are about the size of grape tomatoes. I have to say, they are good, but not as good as I thought they would be. Very soon we should have some "big boys"... a great tomato for a BLT. Our plants are HUGE. Taller then me. I really think that everything grows bigger in North Carolina.
The bowl that holds the tomatoes is one that Jeff salvaged a few weeks ago. It's one his that was wood fired and had cracked in two pieces. He repaired it with stone epoxy and now we have great bowl to use for ourselves. I don't even mind the crack. I think it adds character.

One week from today we will be in New Hampshire, setting up our booth for the League of NH Craftsmen's Fair. Tomorrow we unload the kiln, and load it up again. One last firing before we hit the road.

1 comment:

  1. What pretty tomatoes, and a great bowl. I've got some black tomatoes, no idea what they were called...and haven't eaten one yet, they do turn red at the last minute though. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome and appreciate comments. Lately I have had a lot of spam and therefore have had to turn on word verification as well as comment moderation for posts older than 14 days.