Friday, December 16, 2011

flames & firing

flame out the top peep towards the end of the firing


Peter asked some questions yesterday about burner failure systems...

Not a great picture in the dark but you can see how the wire connects from the baso safety valve to the thermocouple inserted into the burner. John and I had taken the burners to a welder and to retrofit our existing burners to the new safety system. Thermocouples are relatively inexpensive and we keep extras on hand. Safety is important, gas can be a very scary thing!

A quick peek in the kiln this morning and the shino is looking good, can't wait to unload in the morning.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck, Meesh. I'm firing right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting, I still miss opening a gas kiln and seeing all the surprises.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for taking the photo of the burner with the safety gear attached, it is really nice of you, and very helpful for me over on the other side of the world. I do hope that your kiln opening goes really well, and you find lovely pots and good sales.
    Happy Christmas! P

    ReplyDelete

I welcome and appreciate comments. Lately I have had a lot of spam and therefore have had to turn on word verification as well as comment moderation for posts older than 14 days.