Thursday, February 21, 2019

The Adventure Conitnues...


This week I discovered this pack of alcohol inks made by Jacquard. This pack of nine is like getting three free. I think it rounds out the colors I was looking for and I shouldn't have to purchase any more... at least for a while yet!


This week I worked on a another landscape. I am not crazy about all the trees on the right. The perspective on the rocks is a little off. I had a lot of fun creating the "purple mountain majesties".


This morning I felt inspired to create an old world street scene. I quickly realized that it was beyond my experience and decided to remove what I had done. Yupo paper is expensive, but you can sort of clean it up with alcohol. It isn't perfect, but the paper is salvageable enough to use for an abstract.


Last week I had what I thought was a great idea. Head to the store I really hate to give my business to, Hobby Lobby, and buy a pack of Yupo and use their 40% off coupon.  I was dismayed to find the the Yupo with this sticker on it:


Hobby Lobby makes it appear that the paper is on sale for $11.99, therefore you can't use the coupon. The coupon is only good for regularly priced items. This is a total joke because I have never seen this size pack for more than $11.99 anywhere else! I will order it online the next time.

I have been watching tutorials on youtube for both alcohol ink and watercolor painting. I have been experimenting with those as well. I was feeling a little discouraged the other day. I want to paint masterpieces and I have created a lot stuff I haven't been happy with. I soon came to the realization that when I first started to make pots, I made a lot of clunkers. You have to practice to get good at things. Like Jeff always says, you don't pick up an instrument and play a song, you have to practice scales.
So it's back to practicing scales for me. Maybe I will share some of my watercolors in the next post.

And by the way, there is still some pottery work getting done around here...







2 comments:

  1. that looks like fun to do, looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Meredith. I am sure I will NEVER create a masterpiece, but I will have fun at the practice, lol.

      Delete

I welcome and appreciate comments. Lately I have had a lot of spam and therefore have had to turn on word verification as well as comment moderation for posts older than 14 days.