Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Morning Practice


I have been trying to get a little painting in when I first get up in the morning. I enjoy painting florals and later adding some ink.





The painting, above right, I almost abandoned. It took me a few days to get it finished, and I am still not happy with it. I decided I should keep it and learn from my mistakes. Perhaps I can cut it up and incorporate it into a collage.


This angled brush came in a set that I purchased last month. It's called a shading brush, but I had fun creating flowers with it.
While the painting continues, making pots is still happening. Last week we glazed, loaded, and fired the kiln. We were moving slowly due to the heat. We fell behind schedule, but we got it done and didn't suffer heat stroke! Jeff and I took a break on Independence Day. It felt good to hang with friends, grill some burgers, and generally eat too much. Now it's back to the making cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and appreciate comments. Lately I have had a lot of spam and therefore have had to turn on word verification as well as comment moderation for posts older than 14 days.