Saturday, February 22, 2020

The Week In Review

What a week it has been! We unloaded the gas kiln, had a snow day, and I worked through a few more letters in my modern calligraphy course.

We had a really good firing. The copper reds looked great. I have a few ginkgo bowls that I am pleased with but I haven't gotten photos yet. I had two piggy banks in this firing that weren't orders. I posted them to my Etsy shop and they both sold within a few hours. I can't seem to get ahead of the banks. I like to have a few in the shop that are ready to ship. I shouldn't complain... I guess it's a good thing.
We actually had a couple inches of snow this week. It's mostly melted now, except for in a few shady areas. I will admit, it did make for a pretty day. I am just happy that here in North Carolina we can enjoy the pretty and then it's gone. In New Hampshire we had winters where we didn't see the bare ground for months. A few days after fresh snow, we had to live with brown, dirty snow banks all along the roads.



I am now at the half-way point of the minuscules portion of my calligraphy course. Today was the letter m. I now know enough letters to be able to write my name.


I feel like a proud 4 year old.



I have been itching to do some letters in color. I ordered a set of large brush pens. There is definitely a learning curve with these. The tips are very long and flexible. I need to go back to the beginning with these pens and practice the basis strokes.  I guess I can compare it to learning to throw pots with stoneware and then throwing porcelain for the first time. As with any new skill, practice, practice, practice.


Tombow does make some small harder tip colored pens. I may have to breakdown and buy a set of those too.

This could become an obsession.





4 comments:

  1. Nice piggies...and good writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever you're creating, it looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could become an obsession? Girl, you are already obsessed.
    After all, anything worth doing is worth doing to excess! 🤭

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keeping ourselves busy is not a bad thing. I saw you walking, you are looking great!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome and appreciate comments. Lately I have had a lot of spam and therefore have had to turn on word verification as well as comment moderation for posts older than 14 days.