Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Happy Little Nothings

 


Last year I bought a set of Arteza Real Brush Pens. I thought I was going to use them for lettering but quickly realized it was going to be really difficult to use them for that purpose. They are really hard to control. I swatched the colors, played with them a bit, then they sat unused.


I hate it when I buy art supplies that I don't use. Last week I searched on YouTube for some demos using these pens. It inspired me to give them another try. I sketched out some doodles on watercolor paper and outlined them with a fine line Sharpie. The ink in these pens is water-based and they are blend-able. A water brush pen was included in the set. I went to work inking my doodles. It's difficult to get good shading, but perhaps with a little practice I will get better.


I cut out my doodles and created a two page spread in the small art journal that I have been working in.
It's bright, colorful, and cheery... especially in comparison to some of the other "dark" pages I have completed in recent months! My lettering sucks due to the texture on the background. The background is a combination of acrylic paint, bits of sheet music, gesso, and distress inks. It was a pleasant way to take some time for myself on Sunday afternoon. Sometimes mindlessness is a good thing.

Wishing all a creative and happy week.



3 comments:

  1. I enjoy your creative doodles. That is a cheery one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super that you're still working diligently and with colors in two dimensional formats. Thanks for the comment about the books in the gallery here in Black Mountain...I think I've got more to show tomorrow...but this show will be taken down this weekend. Keep up doing the creative thing...mine is moving along as I edit a newsletter more than in any physical way right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they are adorable, still cute and very sweet.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome and appreciate comments. Lately I have had a lot of spam and therefore have had to turn on word verification as well as comment moderation for posts older than 14 days.