Thursday, December 17, 2020

Letting Go

 


Last night I finished another spread in my art journal. I needed to relax after a few intense days of glazing and loading the kiln for the final firing of holiday orders. I downloaded the new YoYo Ma and Kathryn Stott album, Songs of Comfort & Hope, and it was perfect music to listen to while painting. I didn't have a plan when I started, I just let go and this is what happened. It may be my favorite spread in the journal.

I worked on another spread over the last two weeks. I went in with a plan and it just didn't seem to work. I left it for a few days, mulled it over, then when in and reworked it a bit. I am still not happy with it. Not sure if I will share it here. Art journals are like diaries... there are somethings that you are not comfortable sharing with the world.

2 comments:

  1. I did a chore to music yesterday, and it made all the difference. Doing something fun is even better. I'll have to check out that album.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't listened to the radio this "holiday season." So my music choice has been internet recordings of soothing music, or CDs of a few favorite calm recordings. I sometimes burst into carols on my own...which fortunately nobody else can hear. Keep creating your paintings, and know that their meaning is highest for yourself.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome and appreciate comments. Lately I have had a lot of spam and therefore have had to turn on word verification as well as comment moderation for posts older than 14 days.