Saturday, June 22, 2013

Ta-Da!







This was the only lidded oval that survived the wood firing. The lid on the other one had warped a little in the bisque firing and the wood firing just made it worse. I sort of expected that to happen so I wasn't too disappointed.
Today is a carving day in the studio. I have a bunch of bowls to finish. This week I finally made four dinner plates for my brother and sister-in-law. I say finally, because they are a wedding present and they have been married over a year! They want them to match some pieces they already have so they will be glazed in tenmoku. It was really hard to see those nice big plates and  not carve some flowers or leaves in the center!

P.S. The fire ant bites are starting to heal... I just have the ugliest legs in Seagrove right now. On the bright side, I didn't have nearly as much swelling as my encounter with the little buggers last year.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, I especially love that handle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pot. Lid fit looks great ( also looks hard).

    ReplyDelete
  3. That casserole is delicious!! So, here's a question- do you charge more for pots that have been wood fired? It would seem to me that they should command a higher price due to the even more randomness of that firing method!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice piece. That one may be hard to part with.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome and appreciate comments. Lately I have had a lot of spam and therefore have had to turn on word verification as well as comment moderation for posts older than 14 days.