Friday, December 27, 2013

December Art Journal


The journal theme that I am working on this month is autumn colors. I believe that fall gives us the most beautiful sunsets. Since we typically close our gallery at sunset, I rarely miss seeing them.

For this journal I have been working on a series of watercolor sunsets with pen and ink trees. Pen and ink was my favorite medium in high school, since our ceramics department was extremely limited. I prefer to work with an old fashioned ink pen and nib with India ink. I have used, and still own, an Osmiroid cartridge pen, but find they don't work well for me. I blame it on left handedness, but perhaps that's my own excuse! I am waaay out of practice, but this has been a fun art journal to work on. I'll take photos of the various artist's fall inspired artwork when I have completed my contribution.

I can't believe I haven't blogged in a week! Christmas really kicked my ass, but now I have taken a short break and I am ready for an exciting 2014.

5 comments:

  1. Welcome back to blogland. I think your pen/ink/watercolors are gorgeous and inspiring. I'm a tree artist, and just love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. years ago I did India ink drawings and hope to get back to them some day, I love your combination of the water color and ink, just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! I used to do a lot of pen and ink drawings in high school. Maybe one of these days I'll dig out my pen and nib, still have mine too.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, talk to me... I won't know your out there if you don't!