Friday, November 4, 2011

snoku in New Hampshire

a few pics from the "snow day" raku workshop at Sally Cornwell's studio in Wolfeboro, NH...




pots by Doug Blum



the workshop was on Sunday, the day after the storm dumped about 2 feet of snow on us... by morning the sun was out and it warmed up into the 40's... there was lots of melting. thankfully, Wolfeboro rarely loses power - we had family and friends scattered around the state who were without power for many days.
it was a great trip but we are glad to be home in Seagrove, NC!

2 comments:

  1. Makes me think of the raku I did last year in the snow, it was really nice, great results and a beautiful day. Looks like you guys had so much fun, I would love to have been there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one way to keep warm, those pieces are really wonderful with the crackle and the blue accents. Now that the cooler weather is here, I'll have to get brave and fire up my raku kiln, also need to make up some stuff to fire in it real soon, wish you lived closer. if you guys get a hankering for warm weather you're always welcome to come down again.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome and appreciate comments. Lately I have had a lot of spam and therefore have had to turn on word verification as well as comment moderation for posts older than 14 days.