Tuesday, November 29, 2016

A Potter's Life During the Holidays


This is my world these days. The piggy bank orders keep coming in! Lots of them are personalized and the interesting thing about this year is that many of them are for twins. As I was typing that I realized that I forgot to stamp two pigs with the names "BEN" and "MAX"... I ran out to the studio and did that right away, before they got too dry. I always enjoy learning what names are popular right now. I think I shipped 10 finished pigs this week, and assembled twenty more since yesterday afternoon. Tomorrow I am moving on to salt pigs.
While I was assembling the piggy banks, Jeff went to town hall and helped replace light bulbs in the town of Seagrove's holiday lights that line Main St. The lights will be placed on the utility poles, prior to the holiday parade this weekend. We enjoy living in town and are happy to volunteer for the community. The beautiful thing about Seagrove is that you can live in town and still enjoy a rural lifestyle.
Have I told you lately how much I love our new home and studio? 

5 comments:

  1. they look like they are singing carols

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful connection to all those children (and children at heart!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been to the Seagrove Christmas parade. I can't find anything about it. When is it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found it... Sat. at 5. Probably can't make it, being I'll be at a show, but have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahhhhh Michèle you sound happy! so nice to read this morning, have wonderful holidays 🎄

    ReplyDelete

I welcome and appreciate comments. Lately I have had a lot of spam and therefore have had to turn on word verification as well as comment moderation for posts older than 14 days.