Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Back to work...


Saturday is the Carolina Claymatters Pottery Festival (info on the right sidebar) and I was worried that we wouldn't have a good selection of pots to bring to the show. After all, I lost more than a week nursing this painful shoulder. Once we started to glaze I realized I was worrying for nothing. That seems to be how it goes with most worries. Loading the kiln was a little slower than usual. I couldn't reach in and set the back stack of shelves. I placed the pots on the shef and called on Jeff to set the shelf. The front stack wasn't a problem. No reaching to stack those, and could manage it on my own. By 6:30 pm my shoulder told me to quit and I made the 12+ mile trip to the grocery store. When I returned and went out to take a photo of the kiln, Jeff had the door bricked half way. I think he moves a lot quicker than me these days!

If you are in the Charlotte, NC area, come on out to the CCM Pottery Festival. The weather is looking good, the location is great, and there will be 60 potters at this year's festival.

9 comments:

  1. I wish I could come to the festival, your pots look great. Have a fantastic show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope there are no pots to repack after the show. Have a good one. The work looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photo of the pots they look super, have a great show.

    Wondering how pots that are glazed can be stacked together? on the top shelf?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda- those are coasters, they are only glazed on the interior, which makes them great kiln fillers. We stack them up to whatever height we need.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Toes crossed for an excellent day! I'll be there in spirit as it's a little far for a day trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are able to work some now. Last year after I tweaked my shoulder in the MC wreck it was 3 months before I could pull a rear shelf out of a kiln. Don't over do it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do hope things go well for you at the show, your work looks really lovely. Sorry that you have had such a horrible time with the shoulder, and also had the big pot stolen recently. Glad to read that the shoulder is improving a bit now... as, Dennis Allen says, "don't over do it"!
    Kind Thoughts to you, Peter

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pots! Hope it's sell out! Ditto on take it easy, maybe just schmoozing at the show :) but then you are a potter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely pots, a lot of work there, hope they do well. Just found your page and I'm looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome and appreciate comments. Lately I have had a lot of spam and therefore have had to turn on word verification as well as comment moderation for posts older than 14 days.