Friday, May 30, 2014

An Interesting Commission

Jeff was commissioned to create three large and interesting pieces. They are Mediterranean looking pots that will only be bisque fired. The buyer wants them to have a sandy look to them. If I remember right, they are going into a sunroom in her home. She was inspired by a large Rebecca pitcher that we often put out in our flower garden in the summer. It looks like a relic with a big chunk missing from it, and is unglazed.

 The large pitcher (26") is reminiscent of the Rebecca pitcher.

Large amphora

The coolest one is this "half buried" amphora! I would love to see photos of these pots when they are placed in their new setting. I can imagine them surrounded by lots of plant life.

7 comments:

  1. Very interesting. I'd love to see them in their new home too. I love the idea and think the room will look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right about the half buried one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for inspiring me...I want more pottery outside too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. they will be wonderful together, love the half buried one as well, wonder why they only want them bisque fired, wouldn't they be more sturdy if final fired even if they weren't glazed?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda, she fell in love with the one we had in our garden which was only bisque fired. She liked the sandy color and how it looked like a relic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The "half buried" amphora is great fun. Something like that would make a wonderful functional planter, as well as being sculpture for the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all...the clients stopped in and picked up their pieces today, and the are quite happy...I love happy pottery collectors. Yes Peter...I can see plants pouring out of the "Half buried" Amphora design...It would also make a nice Garden Fountain.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome and appreciate comments. Lately I have had a lot of spam and therefore have had to turn on word verification as well as comment moderation for posts older than 14 days.