Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Late Summer Firing





The rain stopped and the skies cleared, just in time to take the door to the gas kiln down.


Overall we are happy with the results. Jeff is starting to produce tiles again. A wood fired version of these are in the 500 Tiles book. This one was made with our 505 Main clay, glaze is Jeff's ash glaze, applied with a sprayer.



One of my carved bowls. White slip over STARworks, East Fork clay. The exterior was dipped in tenmokku, interior is the sprayed, ash glaze.


As always, there were piggy banks and vessel sinks in this firing. Most were orders, but I also have a few "ready to ship" pigs that you can find in my Etsy shop.

1 comment:

I welcome and appreciate comments. Lately I have had a lot of spam and therefore have had to turn on word verification as well as comment moderation for posts older than 14 days.