Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Your never too old...

to learn new things!



Last year I promised myself that I would learn to do modern calligraphy. I have been making cards and mostly using stamps for greetings because I am not too confident with hand lettering. I found some basic info on youtube and played around a little. Last week I found an online course on the "teachables" platform. The first month to learn basic strokes is free. The next few months of lessons are reasonably priced and you can pay as you go. So now I have all these practice drills on nearly every surface of the house. Jeff patiently refers to them as my "sheet music". He is right... it does look like sheet music. Leave it to a musician to see that.

If you are curious, here is a link to the course: The Happy Ever Crafter

Now that I look at a photo of my drills I can see that my ovals on the left hand sheet look wonky. I guess I better get back to practicing those!

2 comments:

  1. Memories of school!!!
    Enjoy painting with letters! My grandpa used to do calligraphy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a friend who learned calligraphy for her wedding, but it always intimidated me. Yours looks good to me.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome and appreciate comments. Lately I have had a lot of spam and therefore have had to turn on word verification as well as comment moderation for posts older than 14 days.