Thursday, April 30, 2020

Cuteness Overload!


I am in LOVE with these little paper purses! I can't even tell you how much fun I had making them. I found a couple of templates online. I decorated the paper using multiple techniques... mono-print, distress inks, acrylic paint, stencils, and stamps.


I made the backsides of the paper in a complimentary design to mimic the lining of a real purse. My paper wasn't very thick so I gave each of them a coat of matte medium.

I think adding embellishments was the most fun.

I filled each one with a tiny bag of little candy and I am sending them off to my favorite girls... great nieces in New Hampshire, and one to my daughter in Connecticut, who has a great love of handbags.
They took me so long to make that if I added up my time they would cost more than a Coach bag!

7 comments:

  1. I could see these as great shower gifts for a wedding or baby, also perfect for Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they would be great little shower favors. If I had to make 50 I would have to streamline the process!

      Delete
  2. They're adorable! I love how creatively you are using this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really should have my hands in clay! I have only been assembling piggy banks and salt pigs these days. I think working on paper has been a good stress reliever.

      Delete
  3. These are delightful. Do you mind if at some point I try them in clay?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do! I have a pottery purse that I acquired in a trade at show many years ago. I will take a photo of it when I get a chance.

      Delete

I welcome and appreciate comments. Lately I have had a lot of spam and therefore have had to turn on word verification as well as comment moderation for posts older than 14 days.